As part of your application for insurance, a brief face-to-face medical report is required. This report will be completed by a professional examiner representing APPS (American Para Professional Systems) and is a vital part of the medical underwriting process. There is no cost to you and we are committed to keeping your personal information confidential and delivering it securely to the insurance company.
If you have not already been contacted and scheduled by one of our examiners, one should be reaching out to you shortly to schedule/confirm your exam appointment. (If for some reason you have not heard from the examiner , you may call the local APPS [American Para Professional Systems] office that has been assigned to your case at 800-852-3058).
For your benefit, we are providing you a brief video to help you prepare for your appointment and to make this process quicker, more efficient, and will help ensure an easier exam, and potentially better results. To view the video, please click play in the above video window.
[jwplayer file=”APPS-exam.mp4″ streamer=”rtmp://s2aouyway78y46.cloudfront.net/cfx/st” provider=”rtmp” image=”https://www.omnimedfinancial.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/FirstFrame.png” html5_file=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/stream-omnimed/APPS-exam.mp4″]
Congratulations on your decision to apply for insurance. Your application is being processed and we will let you know if there is any other information that is needed in order to work on getting you an offer for coverage. The underwriting process consists of the following:
1. A phone interview that will be conducted by a representative from GIS. The phone interview is a discreet and convenient way to provide the specific details of your personal medical history. An experienced interviewer will call you to conduct a 15-20 minute phone interview. The information you share is only used for underwriting your application and will be kept strictly confidential according to the guidelines in your signed application. If GIS cannot reach you, they always leave a message with a phone number to reach them at.
2. A medical exam, which is conducted by APPS (third party examination company). This exam consists of a blood sample and urine specimen. They will also measure your height/weight and blood pressure. There will also be a series of questions that are similar to the medical questions that were reviewed with you when completing the application.
Preparing for your insurance exam:
A personal history interview will be conducted as part of the insurance process. Please have the following information available:
• Names and dosages of current medications
• Names, addresses and phone numbers of any doctors or clinics visited in the last five years
• List of medical conditions or diagnoses including the date diagnosed, treatment, result of treatment, and treating physician information.
Next, in order to achieve optimal results make sure you do the following prior to your exam appointment:
• Fast for 12 hours prior to the appointment, if possible
• Be prepared with a picture ID at the time of the examination
• Limit salt and high-cholesterol foods 24 hours prior to the examination
• Avoid strenuous exercise 12 hours prior to the examination
• Refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages for at least 12 hours prior to your
• Limit caffeine and nicotine one hour prior to your appointment
• Provide any history of problems associated with providing a blood sample
• Drink a glass of water one hour prior to the appointment
• Get a good night of sleep prior to the examination
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us through email, the website, or at (888) OMNI-208
Thank you for your business. Please do not keep us a secret!